Livestock Handling Instructions
The Hot-Shot® prod is an electric livestock prod designed to assist in the movement of cattle and hogs.
The Hot-Shot® prod uses batteries to power an electronic circuit that generates a high voltage pulse. This pulse is delivered by lightly touching the animal with the two electrodes. Prod is not designed for hitting or striking an animal.
Please follow the regulations that apply to animal protection and slaughtering in your area.
- Hot-Shot® prod is DESIGNED FOR USE ON LIVESTOCK ONLY -KEEP THE UNIT AWAY FROM CHILDREN
- NEVER USE IT ON HUMANS
- KEEP PROD DRY: If unit gets wet IMMEDIATELY TAKE STEPS TO THOROUGHLY DRY UNIT OUT to avoid corrosion and/or unintended feedback
- Clean, dry and store prod in dry environment. Remove batteries prior to cleaning or drying
- The prod generates a high voltage pulse and you should never touch the electrodes while the unit is activated
- Use in a well ventilated area. Do not use near flammable liquids or dust
- Whenever the prod is not in use, place the safety clip under the trigger button (for the DuraProd move the trigger lock to the lock position)
- Intended for ground level use only